Friday 29 July 2011

Party favours made easy by Andrea


Last Sunday was my Mam and Dad’s Ruby Wedding Anniversary. 40 years so it was always going to be special but I wanted to make it a bit more special so there was the usual stuff that daughters do for their parents – a cake, balloons, handmade card, spending the day doing the chores etc. being a taxi driver so that they could both drink at the party they hosted for their closest family and friends at their favourite Italian restaurant in the city where we live. As a last minute thing on Saturday morning I decided to make some party favours to put on the table at the restaurant, they were really quick to make and to be honest took hardly any effort but my Mam was thrilled and everyone who came to their party talked about them and generally enjoyed them. They added something a little bit personal to the restaurant meal and got everyone talking at the table which was a bonus as not everyone had met before. This is how I made the favours

Quarter of an A4 sheet of double sided paper

Tape on one short and one long side, wrap into a tube joining the short sides

Nudge the join over to one side and nip the ends together - no need for glue as you've already applied it before rolling the tube

Flip the tube over and pinch the ends together twising 90 degrees as you do

Punch a  hole in the end

Add in the treat

Tie with a ribbon

Add embellishments


So, what I really wanted to share with you is that it doesn’t take a lot of effort to Make It Special, just do something a little bit different, to the norm. I am so pleased I did this for my parents and they were thrilled – I guess what I could have done was to take a photograph of both of them but I forgot!!
Papers – Enchanted by Kristin Cronen-Barrow at sweet Shoppe Designs
Heart charm and 7mm ribbon from Ribbon Girl
Andrea x
ps don't forget that the aqua colour challenge closes on Sunday night, as does the red mini kit give away - see below!

7 comments:

Fiona said...

these are gorgeous...how did you make them??

fi
x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a lovely idea
in februari my hubby and i are married for 12 1/2 years and this is such a fun thing to do
it looks gorgeous hunni
have a great weekend
hugs angelique

Teresa said...

Wow these are so pretty xx

Sid said...

Fab favours Andrea !

Anne-Marie said...

Love these! Where were you when it was my Mam and Dad's 60th last year...ha!
Might pinch this idea for Mam's 82nd birthday dinner, though....thanks chick!

Kim. said...

These look gorgeous, lovely way to give a treat.
Kim xXx

Suzi Mac said...

Fab tutorial Andrea, thank you for the idea. Will be using it real soon fpr my own Ruby anniversary.
Hugs
Suzi x